Board of Directors
MMASC shall have a nineteen-member (19) Board of Directors consisting of the following:
- The President, Vice President, Director of Communications/Secretary, Director of Finance/Treasurer, Director of Programming, and Director of Membership
- A Co-Chair from each of the eight (8) Region Boards
- The Immediate Past President
- Four other board members appointed by the President in groups of two (2) but limited to four (4) so as not to create an even number of voting members.
- International City/County Management Association
- League of California Cities
- Municipal Management Association of Northern California
- Institute for Local Government
The Board of Directors shall be the policy-making body for MMASC and will approve the annual budget of the organization. The President, Vice President, Director of Communications/Secretary, Director of Finance/Treasurer, Director of Programming, and Director of Membership Services will coordinate day-to-day MMASC activities. All major programs, projects, and policy issues must be approved by the Board. The Board shall adopt operating policies at its first meeting to govern operation of the organization for the year.
All Board members shall be full members of MMASC.
Terms of office for Board members will be for a one-year period beginning December 1 of each year.
Board meetings will be called at the discretion of the President and the President will conduct the meetings and prepare agendas as necessary. A quorum will consist of a simple majority of Board members. A simple majority of Board members present will determine policy.
Minutes will be recorded at each Board meeting by the Director of Communications/Secretary and a brief summary will be published on the MMASC website once approved by the Board.
All Board meetings will be open to any member who may wish to attend.