2022 Women's Leadership Summit
Presented in partnership, MMASC and Women Leading Government (WLG) invite you to come together to learn from and be inspired by your female local government colleagues. This will be our first time together for the Women's Leadership Summit in person since 2019 and it will be a day you don't want to miss!
This event will sell out: Register today! WLG Members, please register here for the member rate.
The Women’s Leadership Summit is a premier event and opportunity to learn, grow, and connect with other leaders in local government. This year’s summit is all about how we can utilize our own strengths, learn from others to forge our path, find success in taking our next steps, and…. Lean Forward!
Riverside County Supervisor Karen Spiegel and City of Riverside Mayor Patricia Lock Dawson
Maximizing Growth at Each Career Stage
- A session focused on finding a mentor, seeking reach assignments, and how others have navigated growth in their own careers
- Featuring speakers: Edelia Eveland the Assistant City Manager in San Bernardino, Cynthia Alvarado Crawford the Parks and Recreation Director from the City of Rialto, and Mollie Korsten, Communications Specialist from Eastvale.
Interviewing & Negotiations: Making it across the finish line
- A session focused on finding success in the recruitment process and overcoming gender bias
- Featuring Valerie Gaeta Phillips of Bob Murray & Associates, Kim Summers, City Manager of Murrieta, and Stacey Stevenson, retired Deputy City Manager
The Road Less Traveled: Making your unique path part of your strengths
- A session tailored to learning about how unique paths build strength and opportunity
- Featuring Carol Jacobs, Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer of Management Partners
The Skies the Limit: Lifting each other to reach our greatest potential
- A session all about building each other up and learning from strong women on our own teams
- Featuring Marcella Marlowe, City Manager of San Marino, Christina Baker, San Marino City Clerk, and Nicole Cuadras, San Marino Assistant to the City Manager/Community Engagement Manager
AFTER-EVENT NETWORKING EVENT
Make sure to join MMASC, WLG, Region 4, and event sponsor Transtech for an after-event networking mixer at the Salted Pig in Downtown Riverside. Let's continue the connections and mentorship opportunities! Free to attend thanks to a generous sponsorship by Transtech.
REGISTRATION RATES & EVENT DETAILS
- Early-bird registration rate through May 4:
- MMASC/WLG Member $115
- Nonmember $165
- Student Member $75
- Regular registration rate, May 5 through May 24:
- MMASC/WLG Member $140
- Nonmember $190
- Student Member $85
Online Registration for MMASC Members and Nonmembers.
Registration Form for WLG Members only.
- Event location: Riverside Convention Center (3637 5th St, Riverside, CA 92501)
- Event time: 9 a.m. - 4 p.m. (Event check-in begins at 8:30 a.m. and program starts at 9 a.m.)
- Breakfast and lunch provided with registration
- After-event networking event: The Salted Pig Downtown Riverside (3750 Main St STE 103, Riverside, CA 92501) | No RSVP required