MMASC Mentorship Program
MMASC Mentorship Program
Are you a student interested in the field of municipal management? Are you an early or mid-career professional thinking about your next move? Or maybe, you're a director, mid-manager, management analyst or public sector professional with 3 or more years of experience and you're looking to give back?
If you answered yes to any of the questions above, the MMASC Mentorship Program is for you! Through this program, experienced professionals from all levels will have the opportunity to give confidential guidance and support to others interested in, entering, or currently navigating the field of government administration.
Goals of the Program
- To provide participants with the opportunity to better understand the critical aspects of municipal governance, operations and administration from their peers in a mentorship setting.
- To transition knowledge, skills and best practices among experienced managers.
- To provide a safe learning and sharing environment for both the Mentor and the Mentee.
The program is application based and is open (free of charge) to any MMASC Full or Student member who would like to be either a Mentor or a Mentee. If you are currently not an MMASC member, you also have an opportunity to participate in this program as long as you meet the criteria to be a Full or Student member; however, a $50.00 application fee would be required to participate in the program. The Mentor should be a Full member and have a minimum of three years working with a public agency and related administrative experience. Mentees should be interested in or currently working at a public agency.
The MMASC Mentorship Program duration is one year.
- Participants must meet or communicate periodically, preferably at least once a month.
- Mentees must attend one MMASC regional and signature event.
- Mentees are encouraged to participate in planning/coordinating at least one MMASC event or to join an Signature Event planning committee.
Application Form and Matching of Mentees with Mentors
A call for applications will be issued annually each Winter. Applications are NOWOPEN for the 2021 Program! We look forward to receiving and reviewing your application.
Mentee Application - NOW OPEN!
Mentor Application - NOW OPEN!
MMASC members who wish to be mentors/mentees are required to complete and submit an application and provide information about their experience (resume), interests and expectations for the mentorship relationship. Mentees will be matched with a Mentor based on their experience, interests and expectations for the mentorship. Applicants will be contacted by the mentorship chair with additional details once pairings have been completed.
Please feel free to send email to firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions and comments. The 2021 MMASC Mentorship Program Chair is Justine Garcia from the City of Rancho Cucamonga.